One good day comes with a couple of bad

I hate the misconceptions that people get kidney stones because they drink too much soda. I don't drink that much soda first of all, and by the way my body produces uric acid (spelling?) that give me kidney stones.
I have spent the last two weeks on and off of the couch with stomach pain, nausea, and kidney pain. Yesterday morning I had to go to a Milkshake Training Seminar at our Belleview store and I woke up at 6:45am feeling so nausea I thought I was going to die. After taking a long hot shower I left for work because as much as I wanted to call in sick I had to be there. I had a conference that was mandated by the state later that morning as well, and I could not get out of. In the middle of the meeting/training session I got sick, and I had to go to the bathroom twice. I puked about 5 times and I felt so much better. So before I could call the doctor I had to train some people at my store and then wait for the appointment. I hate going to the office (Dr. Cunningham's) because it's the same old song and dance and nothing ever changes. He gives me medicine and tells me to drink plenty of fluids and get rest!!!
After I was done with work I went to see Dr. Cunningham's, and the receptionist told me that she could let me see the nurse. I gave a specimens, and then she did the whole song and dance of what I have been feeling like. So what ended up happening is that Dr. C was in the office and wanted to see me since I came in. I had X-Ray's done and then a little chat with Dr. C.
He gave me 3 prescriptions, and then let me know that the stones are getting bigger and that seems to be why I have been having more trouble with them. He wants to see me in 3 weeks, and if they keep getting bigger than he wants to schedule surgery AGAIN!!!!!
So we shall see how things go, I'm not looking forward to having another surgery on top of the cushings surgery coming up but what can you do? I can only control so much in my life and I have to keep myself healthy.
So I was able to get some rest but I woke up at 2:30am, and I have been up doing things ever since. It's time for me to go to work now and I am feeling a little better, just tired. I only have a few things to do after work today and then I am going to come home and get some rest.

No Responses to "One good day comes with a couple of bad"

Leave a Reply: