Kidney Stones are back here to stay

So Tuesday I saw blood in my urine and for me that is one of the first signs of getting a kidney stone. No UTI this time, which is a blessing- I hate them and they hate me!!!! I have been feeling sore and my back has been hurting so I knew what was going on. I don't even go to see my urologist anymore- he will take films, tell me I have a stone, give me pain medicine, and tell me to drink plenty of fluids, oh and to call him if I start to feel an infection come on. I don't like taking the medicine, it makes me feel bad. I get really nauseous most of the time, my stomach cramps, my sides hurt, and so does my bladder. Most of the time I feel like I have to pee, however when I go to the bathroom I can't pee. Hot baths, heating pads, and hot showers make me feel better...they suppress the pain.
Wednesday I woke up feeling horrible and I could tell that it was not going to be a good day for my body. I slept in until around 12 or 1 in the afternoon and then I laid on the couch until I had to get a shower and get ready for work. On the way to work I tried to get mentally focused since I was hurting so bad, but by 8 or 9 at night I was in tears and so damn tired of being sick I couldn't take it anymore. I had a sinus infection, my kidneys were killing me, I had puked up my dinner, and my stomach was cramping. I was able to get someone to cover my 11-3 the next day so I would be able to come in at 5 instead of working a 12 hour shift. The rest was well needed. I slept in until 3 in the afternoon on Thursday but I was still having trouble keeping food in my stomach so I used my nausea medicine. My mom gave me some nausea medicine and some pain medicine. I didn't want to go see my urologist Dr. Cunningham- he really needs to work on his bedside manner. He is a pompous ass and he has no solutions to why I keep getting all of these kidney stones even though he has me on medication. Now I know that it is a part of this Cushings Disease/ Syndrome.
Thursday night I was just so exhausted physically and my stomach killed me most of the day but I took medicine and drank plenty of fluids. Friday I was feeling better but by the time I got home I was warn out. Saturday was much better, we were busy at work, I had some extra work I barely got done, I didn't have to take any medicine for the pain or my stomach...and I felt a little more rested.
So it's 2 in the morning on Sunday now and I am about to turn in and get some rest, it's hard to explain to my co-workers and my family how one minute I can feel great and the next I can feel so horrifically sick.
I wish I would pass this kidney stone I know physically and mentally I would be able to feel so much better. As much relief as I have now that I know why I have all these symptoms I am so ready to have this surgery and get started on my journey to recovery. The more I learn about all of this the more I understand and see that it is going to take a long time to get my body back in good shape and health. Monday I will be able to turn in my 4 spit test and I will hopefully hear from Dr. Quinn's and Dr. Ropper's office at Shands. This is just a part of my life that I have to learn from and overcome. I can do anything I put my mind to, after all life could be much harder. So God bless to everyone and goodnight.

No Responses to "Kidney Stones are back here to stay"

Leave a Reply: